To even try to make some changes to your daily routines can be a daunting thing. Many of us have family obligations including children, and jobs – often full-time – and then we need to find time to get or even stay healthy. Too much!
So how can we make this manageable? Here are some easy tips:
- Upon rising in the morning, or do at night, or both times, take 5-10 minutes to play a free meditation from your phone or other device. There are free apps available. Just search! You can also get benefits from playing binaural beats; again, free phone apps are available.
- Before you get out of bed, after your meditation, or before going to bed, do some simple stretches, like extending your arms to the side, pulling your knees up and then extending, sitting up and trying to touch our toes, etc. Here are some suggestions from blogilates.com, who recommends stretching at night before going to sleep … whatever works for you!
- Prepare your meals in advance. When starting your day, either have your food pre-cooked or know where you will eat for the day. This is important – remember the food/mood connection. We eat of course to enjoy ourselves, but in the process, it is awesome if we are eating healthy foods which rejuvenate and heal us.
- Focus your feelings and thoughts in a positive direction. Choose to look at the many positives in life instead of getting or staying angry and otherwise negative. Watch this video here on the power of positive thinking.
- Give yourself permission to grow, change, and learn. If you allow yourself to be stressed and worried all the time, you may be less likely to be able to grow and change. Dr. Joseph Mercola discusses 22 Things Happy People Do Differently.
- Connect with other like–minded people who are trying to be holistically healthy and stay positive. This will help give you the support you need to keep going in a positive direction!
- Live by the golden rule. Watch this short video which features children from diverse cultures learning to do unto others what you would have them do unto you!
There are many more things you can do to become and stay healthy and happy. From this list we can see there are internal and external things we can do to support a holistically healthy and happy lifestyle. Remember, too, that social media is a strong way to stay connected with others and learn from others. However, there are inherent dangers as well as positives in engaging in social media.
To learn more about safely engaging in social media, please consider taking this course, Social Media: Make It Positive. This course will give you a step-by-step guide to protecting yourself from its inherent dangers and promoting yourself in a positive way.
To learn more about healthy lifestyle choices, please visit Health and Wellness Online, LLC.
Have a holistically healthy and safe day!